A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Salute to the BIG TEXAS


Nearly every day I have some sort of snack from the vending machine. And I have a confession to make. I am addicted.......absolutely addicted to THE BIG TEXAS.
THE BIG TEXAS is the finest cinnamon roll that 85 cents can get you out of a machine.
I love it. So do other people. That's why it won the "AUTOMATIC MERCHANDISERS" PASTRY OF THE YEAR in 2005 and 2006.
So I wondered, what ELSE won? I mean, I've never seen any other product BOAST it's status.........so you know it.
I emailed them.
Last year's winners were

Hot Pockets Subs Meatball & Mozzarella - food
Coca-Cola Classic - cold beverage
Nestle Nesquick Ready To Drink Chocolate Milk - dairy
Kar Nuts PB&J Mix - new product
Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies - Cookie
Kar Nuts Sweet N Salty Mix - Salted Snack
Snickers - Candy
Cloverhill Big Texas Cinnamon Roll - Pastry

I guess that the rest of these items don't really feel the need to TOOT their own horn like the BIG TEXAS.

But I say........BRING IT BIG TEXAS! YOU ROCK THE HOUSE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember eating those when I worked at the Credit Union! They are even better warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds...mmmm...

Marketing Gorilla said...

Sniffle...I can say I was there when you bought that Big Texas for the picture.
Wow.

But then later in the day I walked by her in the cafeteria and pulled her ponytail. She yelled some obscenity and then realized I wasn't who she thought I was.

It was a good day.