A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, December 10, 2006

But Do I Look Like a MOM?

I am a lot of things, and the thing I simultaneously remember constantly and forget constantly is that I'm a MOM. I love being a Mom, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to SHED the MOM image. But sometimes I feel like I don't look like a Mom. So I have to ask "Do I look okay? Do I look like a Mom?" Hosting my twins club holiday party I chose what I was going to wear, toned down the make up, didn't straighten the hair........why?
Because I feel like, a lot of the time, that they all look like Mom's and I don't. I'm not exactly sure why. None of them look the same, they are tall, short, fat skinny, super cute, super plain etc etc etc etc. So it's not like there is some Stepford twin mom thing I'm trying to compete with.
I'm not really competing, either. I just want to LOOK like a Mom. I think I had it knocked in this photo.





And just for icing, here is my being a BAD mom........see Baby Birth of Cool? He's eating the cap off of a water bottle. Mother of the year.....here I come.....
I like to think that I'm not torn between being cool and being a Mom because geez, lord knows I left cool behind. But....do I look like a Mom? What does that mean, looking like a Mom? I suppose I AM a MOM therefore I look like one. Or something like that. There is some part of my pride that still enjoys it when people are surprised that I'm a Mom. I suppose I shouldn't be that excited.....it probably means they think I'm too much of a goon to be a parent.

4 comments:

IzzyMom said...

I grapple with that kind of stuff all the time. My life uniform is exactly what you're wearing in that photo - V-neck T and jeans - and we're both moms so I guess we kind of do look like moms. Really fricken COOL ones!!!

Anonymous said...

You certainly have the tits of a mom.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, that's a good thing, by the way.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I have the same uniform as you and Izzy.

We must look like Moms.