A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It's Kind Of A Big Deal


We decided to check out the Holiday in the Park event at Six Flags vs doing Stone Mountain Christmas this year. It was an experiment to see if an amusement park could bring us that old fashioned family Christmas experience that we get at Stone Mountain every year, and love so much.

It was also a big day, as Miles and Charlie got to ride a big boy ride - THE SWINGS for the first time.
It might not seem like a big deal but if you have a child (or two) that you aren't sure whether they will unbuckle or not, it is. But they LOVE swings, and we held our breath and let them give it a shot. They LOVED it.
They're too big for the little boy rides, and mostly too immature for the bigger ones. They don't have a good sense of danger so we have to be cautious what they get to ride.
How was it? Eh, it was just alright. We had some fun. I learned that despite having lost weight I'm too fat for a roller coaster that I could ride when I was fatter than I am now (why? Don't know).
It was more like just going to an amusement park and riding rides rather than a big holiday fiesta, which was what we were hoping for.
It was really beautiful, the decorations and lights were lovely and they obviously worked hard to make it a winter fun time but still when it was all said and done, it was just Six Flags. Which is OK but not quite what we do this time of year.
My favorite part of anything is always the carousel, if there is one. My mom has been known to say that Louis' childhood can be chronicled in the carousels he rode. Well, that's on me, because I just LOVE them.
We had a great time, even if it wasn't the time we had planned to have. And I got to ride a carousel, so you know in my book - that's an A+ day.
I hope your New Year's Eve is safe and wonderful. See you in 2015.

0 comments: