A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Another Year Over And A New One Just Begun


We have a standing New Year's Eve tradition of making S'mores in our fireplace (or in the microwave if it's JUST too hot for a fire) to share and watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve. It's a far cry from getting tickets to some hotel event and renting a room so we can stay up all night and drink & party. 
I prefer this, I have to admit.
I think it's one of the great advantages of having your kids a bit later in life. I don't regret NOT getting to go out and party, I already did all of that. In fact, the idea of going out and staying up till 3 or 4 is downright unappealing. I stayed up till almost 12:30 (because I wanted to see Elton John darnit!) and then I put my kids in bed and crashed myself. I had one glass of pink champagne because WHY NOT and really slept like the dead. 
I don't have any resolutions this year. I started some things I will keep going and there are things I need to do better and there are things I need to change but they aren't going to be resolutions because that to me makes me feel like I need to join a gym or something. (Ok I might need to but still no).
Well, maybe I have one resolution. I resolve that for 2015, I am going to make sure we create more moments like this:
And more moments like this:
There. That's my resolution. More of that. Less of not that.

Happy New Year.


0 comments: