A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Avon Has Magic Makeup

I didn't know it, but Avon has evolved over the years. One of the ladies I work with is selling Avon so I've fallen prey to it's allure once again. The first thing I noticed was that Reese Witherspoon is one of their major models these days (bizarre).
The second thing I noticed is that somehow they manage to disguise her freakshow of a chin.

I mean, that is a freakshow. It's like an appendage. I have never, ever understood the "allure" of her beauty when she's sporting a chin like that. She must have an amazing manager.

I mean, she's practically a LENO she has such an amazing chin. Yet - in page after page of the Avon Catalog ........she's a normal chinned human.

If AVON makeup can do this for Reese Witherspoon - imagine what it can do for mere mortals like me! YAY!

4 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I can haz Avon?

Jori Watler said...

it's the lighting, and her angles in which she is being shot!!

Just as a model can elongate a neckline or extend an arm for it to "lengthen" - this is a photography technique - and yeah.. some creative photoshopping.

You can STILL see the extra-long chin, it's just "camouflaged"

Frank said...

It's for stirring the tea bags. That is why we love her.

Laura said...

Kevin Smith calls her "Greasy Reese". Of course, that's her name now in our house. Go here for the whole funny story:

http://www.viewaskew.com/press/psycomic/5.html