A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Above the Smog Line

When we moved up here, further away from our OUTSIDE THE PERIMETER previous residence,the first thing I noticed was that the AIR smells so good. Like sweet pine, and some sort of flower I can't name.
It's fresh.
I think that there are mornings,like this morning....that are so good and I am so happy here - that I wonder if other people feel this kind of contentment wandering around their own homes in a bathrobe?
I love that I have deer who are eating my petunias and I have bunnies who hop through my backyard as though it's their own personal kingdom. I love that my neighbor is outside chopping down plants on the border of our yard which I thought were mine (no really it's cool bcse NOW I don't have to deal with them).
I love that I wandered onto my porch this morning to give my roses the coffee grounds in my robe,and it's all fresh air and birds chirping and quiet. I like that I HAVE roses,thanks previous owner-it's like the only cool thing you did regarding this house.
I think it's great that at night,even with the house buttoned up I can hear a chorus of bullfrogs all calling for mates.
It's not perfect here, but something about it fits us so well. Even on days when we're crabby and out of sorts - we've obviously come home.

It feels really nice.

0 comments: