A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Misbegotten Pecan Bars

Dammit.
Why does everything require an 8 X 8 pan now? CRAP! I had these pecan bars (like a pecan pie) only a bar thing that I was making to take to Kurt's for Louis and Lily's play date and DAGGONE IT it required a stupid pan I didn't have.
I have SUCCESSFULLY built a dam about of aluminum foil many a time though. I know how to bank up the crust against the foil.
FAILURE.
My delicious treat ran all out one side while I had to run to the bathroom with Louis. I had been watching it carefully as there had been MINOR spillover but I had propped up the pan with foil so it leaned a bit to the good side. Alas.........there will be no treats taken to Lily's for our playdate. I cannot describe how sad it is to see the gooey sweet center all leaked over to the WRONG side of the pan.

5 comments:

Running2Ks said...

Oh, I am so sorry. That is a suckfest to have to clean.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

What is with the 8 X 8 pans meesing up your desserts?

Becky said...

Maybe it's time to double the recipes and go for a bigger pan.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I like Becky's idea.

If you have extra you know where we live.

Alison said...

Now everyone knows what to get you for Christmas - an 8x8 pan!