A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Monday, December 12, 2005

Hey I know that Dude - Or how the Internet Makes the World Smaller

So I was on the internet reading email about my Liberian relatives who need my asistance, college girls whose daddies aren't home and really great mortgages when a friend of mine popped up online and started chatting. I was in sort of a bleh mood, kind of tired and overwhelmed and basically crabby when he started babbling about this LIZARD he likes. I was like "gee that's fascinating" and I guess to further FASCINATE me he pushes me this link to look at. I looked at this random lizard, I can't even believe I actually pulled up the page - it would be more like me NOT to pull it up and then go "oh yeah that's interesting" because that is the sort of asshole I can be. But I DID pull it up, and I was like "yeah blue lizard, whatever" when I noticed the caption. I said "hey, I think I know that dude" which was deemed unlikely by my friend.
What were the odds, after all, that someone a bajillion miles away would send me a link with a picture of someone I met since I've moved to Florida? It was even suggested that I wasn't "cool" enough to know someone like this.
Well guess what party people? I am cool enough. That link is indeed my friend and his lizard so there.
And the internet makes the world a little smaller........and a little CREEPIER!

7 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

You could tell by seeing the lizard?

Unknown said...

...um...thats a BIG lizard

Becky said...

Yeah, creepy. And not just because of the lizard.

Running2Ks said...

It's a small and slithery world after all.

Anonymous said...

Gidgester,

You know, I think I saw on the Discovery Channel that these lizards can communicate with people with sign language using their tongues...

hissssssss

flphhhhhhhhhhhhh

heh heh heh

Skeevily yours,

Heidi

Anonymous said...

One time I pooped in my pants so much I had to throw away my shoes.

Anonymous said...

No, that was my mom.

And once my sister had an accident and had to throw away her underwear...AFTER the saleslady followed her into the bathroom because she thought she was shoplifting.

What a nice surprise for her in the wastebasket!

Who's been peeking at my sphincter, anyway?!

the real heidi
(with a big brown wink for YOU!)