A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, August 02, 2009

It Has Been A Year

It has been one year, since despite having the soul kicked out of me at one employer......that I signed papers and made this our home. And the past year has been one of change and growth and so many positive things that I could never list them all here.


We had summer and then quickly fall then winter. Our first winter in our own house, watching the snow pile up out the windows. There were days that it was like magic.



And there have been holidays and birthdays and anniversaries........but you know what have been the best days? The days I stumble out of bed on the weekend to make coffee......quietly.


In our own house.


Or we've taken a couple of balls and gone into the backyard with nothing to do but run, and kick, and play.








I don't even know where to start, explaining the sigh of relief I feel some days, closing that front door - knowing that this is our kingdom......this is our refuge. This land belongs to my family. It's quite a bit of land considering the market these days.




It's a place where for the first time in a long time, I feel settled and grounded.








The nature of the world has become transient, like we're some giant Bedouin tribe without direction. The difference is that the Bedouins have each other. They know where they are going and where they came from. It had begun to seem for a while that we were just moving moving moving.......always moving.



No more.



I'm not saying we're here forever.......but I am saying that I am home. I sleep like the dead, safe in the country air and forest standing guard.







And if it is my fate, to drink cheap wine out of snowman goblets on my deck.........then I say......
Bring it.

1 comments:

Frank said...

Where you guys have been has always been home to me.