A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

If Not Now.......When.....

Eyeliner is both my nemesis and my beloved. It's the Frenemy of my makeup bag.



When I started wearing eyeliner, it was so long ago that you mixed your Mary Kay eyeshadow with water and you used a lighter on the eyeliner to make it melty and go on smoothly.

As a matter of fact - I'm bringing that back so get ready.


But beyond that, I've had what alcoholics call THE MOMENT OF CLARITY regarding eyeliner.


Since I was 16 I have been struggling with, fighting with, sometimes failing sometimes succeeding in getting my eyeliner on in a nice smooth line without tugging on the corner of my eye to pull the skin taught. You eyeliner wearers know what I am talking about. You don't want to get wrinkles! When you get older you'll get wrinkles if you tug on that skin every day!


And then, as I struggled the other morning .......it occurred to me........


I AM OLDER.


What the hell I'm 40 dear GOD can I please have perfect straight eyeliner now until I die?


Yes. YES I CAN.


Note to all my friends. We're older. You can tug on the corner of your eye now to get your liner straight. It's over.


0 comments: