A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Friday, August 12, 2011

THE THING In My Shower



So the husband has indicated to me that he might find it agreeable if I were to shave my legs.


More than annually.


To this end, he's purchased me a new razor and some girly smelling plumeria girl shower-shave gel. I am all FOR girly smelling things, so I could hardly resist such an inviting idea as using it - even if it DID involve shaving.


Thus there I am, bent slightly at the waist, giving the calves a good scraping with delicious smells wafting all about me (combo - Pantene, plumeria shave gel, Bath & Body works Swept Away body gel) when something above my head goes THUMP BONK.......


and then something landed on my back.


Something big, and wet, and.....big. As I stood up suddenly I bonk my head on the shower caddy which seems to have moved and the thing on my back slithers down and goes PLOP on the floor of the shower.


It's a wash cloth.


The shower caddy had slipped down the shower nozzle a bit, and the wash cloth had fallen off to the nearest thing below it - my back.


I laughed, until I realized I had cut the crap out of my leg with my new razor when I jumped.


I was so shaken, however - the next thing I did was slather a huge handful of apricot scrub...into my hair.


Not the most relaxing shower I've had recently.


I kinda wish it had been THE THING. Kurt Russel could've saved me.

0 comments: