A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, September 16, 2007

So What is New With You?

I wouldn't know.

Because, you don't call.

Or write.

It's a little perplexing to me sometimes.

I know that the way the world works now, it's hard to even make time to spend time chatting up friends. But I try. And my efforts are lame. I send pictures to you with notes of what the family is up to. I call you and I leave voice mail messages - something to let you know I'm thinking about you and hope all is well.

And I wait. But you don't call back.

I have always been someone who knew lots of people. I have always been someone who had lots of friends plus lots of acquaintances and they were people of various sorts. Different socio-economically, different politically.........different sort of people that I enjoyed for different reasons.

But I've recently realized something.

Since I moved to the ATL.......I'm the one doing all the work.

It's probably true, that in all relationships there is one person who keeps it going - one person who communicates consistently and drives the bus of the friendship to keep the bonds intact.

I'm not directing this at any one person. But for about 90% of you, who exist in the land of being my friends.........it's true.

So anyway.

My point is this.

You can call me. You can write me. I'll be glad to communicate with you. Because I really miss you.

But I'm done being the glue of this relationship. Someone else can do it for the next 38 years. I'm worn out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. No one left a comment. Imagine that....

Anonymous said...

Oh, Gidge! Sweetie! I'm here! I know you are writing about a family member or someone, but I just wanted to let you know I'm still keeping my eye on you ;)