A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentine's Swag

My hubby is usually Mr King of Surprises. That's MR King to you.


He's very good at remembering something little I've mentioned that I thought was cute or cool - or me reminiscing about something from the past that I wanted and making sure that I get it, especially on romantic holidays like Valentine's day.


So you can imagine my surprise this Valentine's Day when he let me pick out my own present. Not like him - not like him at all.


But, just like him - he let me pick out my hearts desire - which - being a material girl living in a material world was.........



Ahhhh COACH. How do I love thee?

Not quite as much as the hubby.
He did pull out a surprise though, and got me a new super cool briefcase and had these delivered.......



The kids made out alright too.......there was lots of love going around - including some for big bird.
The oldest got a GC for the Teddy Bear Factory and he and Mommy had a date at the mall to adopt a bear. I'm not sure that Big Bird counts as a BEAR but whatever. The lady asked him if he had named him and Lil Satchmo looks at her like she is crazy and said "Ummm, he already HAS a name, his name is BIG BIRD!"


No duh!

The little guys got some valentines love in some books and a cool learning toy that Daddy found at the Discovery Channel Store. Is that the coolest store or WHAT?

And just so you don't think we left him out, Daddy got a DVD of Harold and Maude which is a movie he really loves, and a CD of Yo La Tengo because I had read about them and thought they sounded interesting and the CD title cracked me up - "I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU AND I WILL BEAT YOUR ASS".
That says VALENTINE'S DAY - right?

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a great guy your husband is! I'm swooning over that Coach bag. Sounds like you all had a great Valentine's Day.