A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Saturday Night Frolic


Okay so while in the hurried frenzy of baking a cake for Kurt's birthday at work (he requested carrot cake apparently just to be a pain in the ass. Note to all co-workers, if I offer to make your birthday cake -the choices are white, yellow, chocolate) the hubby says to me "you know you bake for everyone except us."
Oh crap.
He's right.
I've turned into my grandmother. Pies, angel food cake, Watergate salad, persimmon pudding, choclate cake, buckeyes, for the Martha Circle at church, for the Walnut Street club, for the Women's republican club, for the Past Matrons and Patrons of the Eastern Star, for the various homes of the recently dead........for everyone.
Except us.

I am not my grandmother.
Here is my first step in the road to making sure that the majority and the BEST of my baking efforts are for my family, who deserve them more than anyone else in the world. Little Sacthmo and I made what are probably the best SIMPLE chocolate chip cookies I have ever made, nothing much in them except the dough and the chocolate chips. They are wonderful, and as always, I had the best assistant chef ever.


3 comments:

April Brandon said...

How sweet. Hunter loves to help me in the kitchen, and in the living room, and in the dining room, and in the bathroom...everywhere except his own room. I sure do miss the days of asking once and it happened....LOL. Oh well...i guess that's what happens when they get older!

Lumpyheadsmom said...

So cruel.

(MUST FIND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES NOW!)

Anonymous said...

Seriously, basic tollhouse chocolate cookies kick the shit out of carrot cake anyway.