A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Everyone's a Critic........

I have no qualms about telling you I'm a full fledged Star Wars Geek. Yeah, I've got boxed toys (somewhere) and I have a Millenium Falcon, somewhere.

So letting the oldest one watch the movies was somewhat of a rite of passage.

After all, I'm also an uptight parent about TV and let's face it, despite their obviously lack of SEX there is VIOLENCE especially as the films progress. So I held fast with Episode 4 (A NEW HOPE - YEAH I know It's NAME don't TRY ME) for a long time. Then Empire crept in and Lil Satchmo was obsessed with AT-AT walkers and snowspeeders and the like. Then Jedi was added and we held fast there for the past year.

Apparently the other day while I was at work the husband added Phantom Menace to the repertoire. And this post isn't really about that. He decided to let Lil Satchmo watch while Baby Birth of Cool and Baby Birdman were in bed napping. Before it was over, Baby Birth of Cool rolled out of bed and stumbled into the living room. He stood looking the TV sleepy eyed for a few moments then muttered "This is bullshit."

Personally, I didn't think it was that bad. Next he'll be lecturing me about Jar-Jar.

3 comments:

Kemp said...

I'm with you Gidge. I don't think eps 1-3 were as bad as some people said.

But then again, I too am a Star Wars GEEK.

Kemp said...

Have you seen this?????

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21786454-5001026,00.html?from=public_js

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Word, BBoC. Word.