A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Friday, July 29, 2005

I'm a Mirena Mom - See the Dark Circles?

So I'm finally at the end of an almost 4 week menstrual cycle. I had my Mirena IUD re-inserted several weeks ago, and unlike the first time I had it, I'm enjoying all of the side effects that they list in the fine print.
You know, the ones no one actually gets.
I've had my period for so long that I forgot I had it.
I'm exhausted, despite taking prenatal vitamins and iron it's been an amazing drain on my body for this to go on so long. I've taken advantage of my boss being on vacation to roll into work late every day this week, catching an extra hour of sleep every morning.
But I've got to get it together for next week.
It's pretty sad when you are so exhausted that no amount of coffee will snap you out of it. I liken it to when I brought the twins home. That sort of exhaustion that is soul sapping.

Post Script:
What I thought was the end was merely a pause. Vive La Kotex.

1 comments:

christa said...

do you feel like it's necessary to get a second opinion? it may be a side effect... but four weeks?!? that's a lot.