A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thwarted by Traffic in the ATL

Back in the day, when Atlanta was the LAST BIG CITY before FLA on the drive south to the beach, we'd play a game. Count the lanes. Atlanta has, for as long as I can remember, had a crazy-bad ass highway system and being from the north it was FUN when the highway would explode 10 lanes,then12 lanes then eventually 16 lanes wide.
It was novel.
Entertaining.
Now that I live here, I can't remember the last time I did that. I remember the wonder of it though, when I'm rolling south through the city but I no longer count.
It's still a wonder though.

You know what else it is?

It's powerful.

You see, if you have plans that involve driving through the city to south of Atlanta......and you have to drive THROUGH said city and THEY just happen to be doing construction. .........on oh 3 of 8 lanes on your side of the highway.....guess what.

Turn around.

Go home.

Because you are NOT getting through the city.

So for the second time our plans to go to the Renn Fair got thwarted by Atlanta. First time it was her weather. Second time it was her freaking highway construction crews.

I wonder what it will be next week?

0 comments: