A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day for Train Lovers

I wanted to go to the Renn Fair this year for Mother's Day. But, Mother Nature had her own ideas and blew up a huge storm the night before and I was not inclined to roll around like one of the muddy beggars so that then begged the question (pardon the pun)what to do with ourselves for the day.
Mommy could do anything she wanted to do.

Anything in the world.

So then I have to decide. Do I choose ME and slumber the day away in Vicodin swaddled bliss (yeah I still have some left from the tooth extraction)? Do I choose to go somewhere with the clan that I'll like, and that they'll tolerate?

Or do I make a choice, that is guaranteed to make little boys run and laugh?
What do you think I chose?



A family day spending time with some civil war history and the best part of all TRAINS. Does it get any better?



I did add the mommy element to the trip to the museum by requiring we purchase jams as our souvenir. I figure that's the mom touch to the trip. Oh, and Peanut Brittle. Had to have peanut brittle. Cuz my butt isn't big enough.

We played in the playground outside which as far as I can tell, is the best entertainment on earth. Who knew, right?

Of course, this MIGHT have been the best part of the day for Lil Satchmo. What do you think?


It only gets better if you roll down to BBQ Kitchen by the ATL Airport for some excellent home cookin' people! That's right, no fancy Mother's Day Dinner with an annoying two hour wait.

Excellent diner food with the boys I love.


Best Mothers Day Ever.
Even with this.

No we don't know what the hell it is. It was at the playground.

1 comments:

frank said...

Family fun is always fun around here, no special day needed.