A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Know What Else Sucks?

Having an itch in the stitches in your gum. And having a job where you talk on the phone for two hours a day.
And then, because your are talking, your gums itch itch itch and you use your tongue to scratch this itch as you don't DARE use a finger.....so you scratch it as it were.

And pop a stitch.

You feel the tug, then the POP and a slight feeling of going fuzzy because it's so freaking revolting.

And then after a drink of soda and a couple of deep breaths, you realize that now you have what feels like a wad of string hanging down. A wad of string with a big old knot in the end. And your gum stings like a mofo.

I really will stop blogging about this tooth at some point.

Of course now it's not longer a tooth. It's just the The Artist Formerly Known as Tooth. Perhaps I'll insist that you refer to it as THE ARTIST.

2 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

I'm still cringing from reading this post. In fact, I'm typing this with only one eye open. Eeegh. (shudder) Sorry, dude.

rabid-disease said...

I remember getting my wisdom teeth out. I think the itch was the worst thing ever.
go ahead- use a finger. I promise we won't say anything! (we might be thinking things behind your back but... :) )

emma