A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Friday, May 02, 2008

OUT DAMNED SPOT

Or tooth as the case may be.
I went to the rockin'est oral surgeon ever today, however.
Totally numbed me up and let me know what he was going to do before did it.
The tooth in question was completely broken off across the top - that lovely bit you see there is the ROOT which he had to find a way to get out.
Could've been much worse, though.
I didn't really realize it was OUT - because he put in those horrible plier things they use to extract teeth and wiggled them, then took them out and made a face and looked inside. I kinda though OH SHIT now he has to do something GRUESOME.

Then he says "Ok we'll get you cleaned up before you go and I've got to put some stitches in."

Stitches? Cleaned up?

And he smiles "Oh we're done. Sorry, I thought you knew."

Excellent.

Now I'm hopped up on Vicodin and antibiotics with a bloody gauze stuck in my mouth. The love of my life is making me mashed potatoes and soup for dinner. I've slept the day away and he has kept the kids away so I could rest in my drug induced coma, keeping the agony at bay. The novacaine wore off just a bit before my vicodin kicked in and I KNOW that pain was going to be completely off the chain, based on the preview I got.

But, I survived.

Yay me!

Let's Hear It For Dr Alan C. Tucker, DDS!

1 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Yikes. Yay vicodin.