A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Monday, December 07, 2015

Healthier Dessert Pshaw

Well we're doing a thing at work and it's themed UGLY SWEATERS and Healthier Dessert.

I was thinking a lot about what to make and remembered we had this really great thing at my mom's funeral. How weird is that? "What should I make, oh yes there was that lovely thing at mom's funeral let's make that!"

Except that it was really good. Don't get me wrong, it didn't look particularly good, but my brother said someone had brought it for the family dinner for him because he loves it. So I took some even though I'm not really eating a lot of sweets these days and damn. It was amazing.

My memory of this dessert is sitting at a table with my best friends in the world, the people who knew me before I was the me I am now, the people who still get me no matter what, and having this dessert. The whole day was so fucked up and surreal. My Aunt Suzie was spoon feeding my dad. The kids were running around and eating sweets like crazy, and frankly I was into it as well.

And this dessert, well damn it was just so good. "This is sinful," I declared.

So I decided today to make this "healthier". I think it's healthier than lard. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

There are about a billion versions of this online, but I chose Rachel Ray's because I figure it should be good.

0 comments: