A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Toe Nail Fiasco

It is very difficult to maintain basic beauty rituals in the midst of three small kids. Makeup, eyebrows, nails, toes, etc.....something has to give. You can't do it all. I've found ways to sneak some things in and keep them up, but other things I had to let go. Such as manicures. No reason to bother with a manicure. I've posted about it, manicures are a wash. I'm just trying to keep the nails short at this point. And non-jagged. I am still a big fan of the pedicure, though, and while I love to go and get them done, it's infinitely cheaper to only do that occasionally and do it myself.
Which is where the trouble started. I may have been playing SIMS2. I may have been watching the kids, I don't know, but like 2 freaking months ago I was buffing my toes when I OVERBUFFED my big toes. Oh my god. Basically, for those of you who are male this means I made my big toe nail TOO THIN. Way too thin, I buffed the top layers off. Oh god it hurt, and now my toe nails keep breaking off, ripping cracking etc etc etc. I know I have to wait it out.
I just tried to file them and the stupid things BEND when you try to file them.
No cute toes for a while.
I can't paint them as this will just draw attention to their crazy state.
It's annoying as hell.

2 comments:

christa said...

oh. my. god.
i have never heard of such a thing. over buffing?!? you must've been on speed that day or something.

wow.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Gross! and Ouch!