A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Friday, October 13, 2006

Where There's Smoke There's Dinner !!

I am completely annoyed by most "country" cute-isms that one finds on magnets in "craft" or "country folk" stores. Truth be told, I seek out the "WHERE THERE'S SMOKE THERE'S DINNER" one whenever I can - and if I ever actually FIND it I'm going to buy it and the saw blade with the waterfall scene painted on it that should be located for sale somewhere near it.
I like these things because of their hideousness. I am both mocking them and embracing them......if it is possible.
But seriously, can someone call the ladies at the Church Guild and have them quit making stuff for the craft fair that have THIS particular phrase on it?
I mean.......are these good country ladies really giving up the ass and this is some sort of little joke amongst the pure?
It's freaking me out.
The duck is even LOOKING at it's ASS! Like, "Hey baby, you want some of this?"

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

BWAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha!!!!

Whew! Thanks for that laugh this early in the morning! I'm never looking at country crafts the same way again.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I completely lost my shit when I saw this at my brother's wedding shower.

It was my SIL's aunt and uncles house and they are nice upstanding people and I was CRYING because I was laughing so hard in their kitchen.

My Dad came in and asked me what was wrong and all I could do was point.

I am very mature.

Lumpyheadsmom said...

This is absolutely hysterical.

Disney Daddy In a Week, Baby! said...

Heeeeyyyy - I got that as a "Secret Santa" gift at work from the guy over in HR...!

Are you saying that it wasn't the innocent "kitschy" gift he said it was...?

Queen of Spain said...

OH MY GOD! It's Sarah's FAVORITE home craft fair crap! EVER!

BSumner said...

There goes my Tea... and my keyboard. LOL