A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Things About Me

Sarah and Becky made their big lists. I think that I cannot make such a big list because I do not spend that much TIME Thinking about me, truthfully. This is not because I am some sort of humble saint - rather it is because in most things I am sadly inattentive to details.

But anyway - my list looks something like this:

  • I was born a poor black sharecropper - okay that's a joke, I was born in Terre Haute Indiana.
  • I am the oldest of three.
  • There are 10 years between all kids in my family, 36,26 and 16 are our ages.
  • I am incredibly depressed about turning 37. I thought 30 was bad, but didn't care about the ages in between. Now I'm filled with dread....
  • I have been to Iceland, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, France Canada, and Italy
  • In the US I've been to IN, KY, TN, GA, NC, SC, MA, NJ, FL, NV, UT, WA, PA, OH, MI, IL, MN, WI- I think that this is all.
  • I do not like to eat food that was grown in the ground. I find this to be a problem, since all food is grown in the ground. My solution is to eat only processed foods that have all essence of the earth removed from them.
  • I do not like to eat foods that are all mixed up in anyway - I like ingredients to be separate and identifiable (yes I have issues).
  • I have been bungee jumping (it was a bungee swing - same idea except they LAUNCHED us)
  • I have been in love twice.
  • I mostly don't pay attention to anything, and I can't explain to you why.
  • I make decisions very quicky, and don't waver on them - I trust my instincts.
  • I believe that I am addicted to coffee.
  • Even though I pretend that I don't care, it always hurts my feelings when people don't like me.
  • I hold grudges. For years. Ask Jimmy Martin.
  • I never really wanted children until a doctor told me I couldn't have any.
  • My girl names I had picked out where Margaret Anne and Olivia Suzanne.
  • I thought labor was a breeze, I did however have drugs.
  • I love gangster movies but never get to watch them anymore because I have children.
  • I do not let my children watch any television that isn't educational or children's programming. I never let my children watch any sort of violence, not even the news.
  • I believe Baby Einstein products to be bullshit yet I still own them and make my kids watch them - it never hurt ANYONE to hear some Bach. OR Beck - but that's a different post.
  • I always thought twins were cool, I can't believe I produced some.
  • Twins do not actually run in my family, but there is some history of females in the family "losing" twins - which was probably common in the past. So I suppose that they DO run in the family. Just no living twins.
  • I didn't use birth control for the first 6 years of my relationship with Scott.
  • The only two times I became pregnant were nights that we ate Sushi.
  • I resent the fact that even if I lost 100 pounds I will still have this big ass FRAME for a body. I can never be petite.
  • I dislike nearly every aspect of my body and face, it's not self hate so much as I wish it were put together differently. My face specifically. I would spend a fortune on plastic surgery, but I'm too scared of surgery.
  • I love my children fiercely and find them to be beautiful. No matter what else happens in my life, my children are the center of my universe.
  • I do not like to gamble.
  • I hate clothes shopping and do not try on clothes, I just buy the biggest one they have and let it be baggy.
  • I burst into flame if I spend too long in the sun.
  • I love to read, but haven't read anything in over a year.
  • I miss my friends as much as I miss my family, it is hard to live 1000 miles away from everyone who knows and loves you.
  • I cry all the time since I had kids. Commercials, songs, etc. It's crazy. I cry driving to work and I cry coming home - every day because of some song on the radio.
  • I think two of the most sentimental songs I know are BLACK by Pearl Jam and LETTING THE CABLES SLEEP by Bush.
  • I like country music, and acid metal. And Jazz. I like all forms of music.
  • I cannot carry a tune but sing all the time in the car like a rock star.
  • I always wanted to sing like Cass Elliot and was very annoyed in college to be made to sing soprano in choir.
  • I can bake but not cook.
  • I cannot sew, but wish I could knit.
  • I am not crafty, and do not make crafty things.

4 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I'd like to talk more about your issues with food coming out of the ground. I mean - what?

Gidge Uriza said...

I hate dirt, and things that taste like dirt. It makes me crazy if anything tastes EARTHY.

Anonymous said...

It always hurts my feelings, too, but I know I am guilty of it sometimes for no valid reason. What about you?

Also, can I come chase you around the hosue with a raw potato?

christa said...

geah! jimmy martin!

do you like nuts? nuts sorta come out of the ground, and they're totally yummy.