A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?

Okay, so here is the deal.
I'm behind on Laundry.
I am WAY behind on Laundry.
At this point, what I get done I consider maintenance laundry.
Sheets, underwear, socks, a few things that fit everyone for everyone to wear.

See, I got behind.......oh, some time back in the 90s. I think that was it. I can't ACTUALLY remember being caught up since then. When I worked on the phones at Lane Bryant Catalog I worked like 10-12 hours a day sometimes, I didn't have time to do laundry. We had a convenient company store where you could just buy clothes. Sometimes I did that. I did a lot of that. Toss the dirty clothes in the closet and wear the new clothes you picked up at work today.

Then I would move apartments & I'd always move some dirty laundry. I just couldn't get to getting it ALL washed before I moved.

Then each time I moved I'd move MORE dirty laundry. It wasn't the same dirty laundry (theoretically), but there was more of it.

When I moved here, I moved 25 bags of clothes of dubious cleanliness. I am certain that I moved clean clothes in those bags, but by the time we got here I forgot which were which and then had to declare them all dirty. And start washing them. Occasionally.

Now, laundry in my home is at critical mass. I estimate I am 25 loads of laundry behind. I am doing three today. Three non-maintenance loads.

22 to go.........

Madness, I tell you. My life is disorganized madness.

1 comments:

Becky said...

I wonder sometimes if the person who comes to my house once a week notices that, yeah, that's the SAME laundry that was on my dining-room table LAST week, waiting to be folded. Hell, at least it's all clean. It's a start.