A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Football Brownie Adventure

So I told Sarah that I was being used by Martha Stewart to create a football shaped dessert for her Bucs football cookout tomorrow. Martha Stewart has sent out this evil spell and has caused me to bake. Damn you Martha! Martha often forces me into baking situations through her powers.
First we had to find the recipe - which I found easily on Betty Crocker.
Then, I had to make it.
With Louis' fine help stirring I think we found our way.
I had to improvise on the cookie cutter I think an Easter Egg was a good sub!
First you are supposed to cook it in a pan lined with aluminum foil and then take them out of the pan - as so.

Next came the cutting - which was a little tricky as even though I made the "dense" brownie recipe it was still very thick.



But I think that all in all.......they SORT of look like footballs! Sarah you better eat some!

3 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Mmmmm. Brownies shaped like footballs (drooling). Mmmmmm.

Unknown said...

They looked great in the pics. I wish I could bake. I really, really do.

Gidge Uriza said...

If you can follow instructions, you can bake. That's why I can do it. You just must follow each and every direction.
And read the whole recipe before you begin.