A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Slippery Noodle Cheese Fries

So It's less than 12 hours before I fly away to Las Vegas for three days on business. I am preparing to watch the second half of the Colts Game which should REALLY annoy my offspring as they already had an afternoon full of Bucs football. Miles has fussed and cried about everything since we came home from Sarah's. I halfway think he just liked having other little kids around. Regardless nothing seems to make him happy so I ended up just giving him some darn Tylenol. Who knows maybe something hurts.
My dinner effort this evening was completely HEAT AND SERVE as I am feeling very unambitious. I still need to pack. But what did accomplish is to make a very respectable replica of the Cheese Fries one can get at the The Slippery Noodle up in Indy, which is a blues bar and extra cool joint. I really miss the Noodle. There were many nights that it was the starting off point, or ending up point for us going out back in my single girl days. Sometimes it was both.
Once my girlfriend and I called my THEN boyfriend to come get us, that we were too hammered to drive home. By the time he got to the Noodle we were making out with other guys. He was not amused. Oh well, he's an Ex for a reason.
Anyway, they made these Cheese Fries there. They were not good. There were just OreIda crinkle cut fries, deep fried and had some shredded cheese melted on them by a microwave. But man, there were days that it was some of the best food I'd had that day.
I truly miss the Noodle.

0 comments: