A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Thursday, June 09, 2005

PACKED - it's a miracle

After much consternation over which cute stuff my kids are going to wear, I am PACKED for Disney World. This is some sort of record, I am usually up till 2am doing laundry because I realize that the outfits I WANTED are not clean. Louis has new Thomas shirts to wear but the twins had a lot of new clothes that I want to trot out. I relish being able to dress them alike. It's so silly, but I LOVE It. I know that eventually they will thwart me, and refuse to dress alike but for now THEY ARE MINE and I will make them as cute as I like.
So I have to work all day tomorrow, most of my day will involve trying to talk to people about the new timeclock system and how to get paid appropriately - THAT should be fun. And about their idle time - the amount of time that they screw off on the phones is now going to be quite a serious issue. So I get to be THE MAN tomorrow. I am pretty sure I will lose some cool points for that but whatever, I don't get paid to be cool, I get paid to be THE MAN.
I don't really understand why people don't get that they have to work while they are at work. I mean really, is this THAT big of a point of confusion? Did we advertise some sort of party when we ran that ad in the paper? I'm not really sure, but I do know that despite a better comp package that has been put into place, there will be whining about their idle time and the requirements.
Oh well.
Let the games begin. After a day of that junk, I will be OFF to Disney World.
I will be keeping a count of how many foreigners accost me to praise my fertility, blessedness at being given to many sons ETC. I doubt I will ever be able to top the lady who made her daughter hold my hand for good luck........THAT was the best.

2 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Work at work? That is just crazy talk.

christa said...

one of my co-workers (whom everyone dislikes) went running to the boss a few days ago, complaining that we were all too friendly with each other. "they should be co-workers, and not friends," he said.

god forbid we HAVE A LITTLE FUN at this place that keeps us captive 40 hours a week.