A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Girls Become Lovers, Who Turn Into Mothers

Weight Watchers Today
-1.8 pounds this week.
-5.8 pounds this session
The quest for the 10% Keychain is now in hot pursuit...........

So I'm at the WalMart giving them a healthy helping of my cash today after work when I stop by the photo counter to pick up some pictures I had dropped off several days ago. And about two minutes after I pick them up, I'm bawling in the photo aisle of Walmart. We've been developing old cameras that were laying around, and I'd picked up the photos of Louis's first birthday that we had never developed. I just can't believe how little he was.......or how big he is now. Or that such things can reduce me to absolute blubbering tears. Such a little guy.

I'm in the process of going through old clothes....man I never get rid of clothes. Ask me about my SWATCH clothes that I just donated to Charity. They were cool in the 80s, man, let me tell you. I can't wear half of this stuff and even if I could I wouldn't wear it. Why do I cart it around from state to state? I work with someone who does charity work with the homeless so I'm donating it to her......I figure at least that way the poor are getting this stuff for free, and some yuppie princess isn't buying it at GoodWill.

6 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I'm with you. I started crying the other day looking at a sonogram picture. You can see both little lima bean sized people - it's just adorable.

christa said...

SWATCH??

jeezus.

pete said...

hey dad still has a members only jacket.he has to be the last member

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Hey Pete - my Dad is also still a member. They should hang out together.

Gidge said...

I can top that - I wore that Members Only black leather jacket all through the 90s - in my alt phase - and gave it back to him when I moved to KY.............that Jacket is THE BOMB.

April said...

i found hunter's baby album, and it turned into a crying session. He's 5 1/2, and it seems like yesterday i was looking at the lil peanut in the ultrasound. it's depressing how fast they grow up.

I think that my dad has one of those jackets too....lol. isn't that hilarious???