A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby No More

Well, I caved.

Over $200 spent and $200 more to go on equipment and the boy will be an official football player. Apparently he was the biggest in his age group, let's face it he's a giant.

His size and maturity are really the reasons I said yes. Plus, I think it's valuable, learning sports. I don't think he'll much care for this one, honestly, but I could be wrong. I think it's going to be hot and he's going to be pounded on and my smart, bookish son is going to think it's not all that.

But he might love it. He has desperately wanted to play for two years and I said NO. I said NO because I was worried about concussion and I was worried about spinal cord injuries and I was worried about MY SON.

However, I said yes and so we're off on the great adventure that is Football.

I'll let you know how it goes.