A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Since my day can't get any worse

Since the previous post I have now experienced the "mistaking two boxes of Eggos for having two boxes of EGGOS when in fact one was Waffles (containing ONE Eggo) and one was EGGO PANCAKES" problem which made me swear and do a dance in anger. I decided to just eat the ONE since I was having a shitload of creamer in my coffee (thank you honey for the Gingerbread creamer it is SUCH a yummy treat) but then I had to spend 20 DAMN MINUTES trying to get the freaking syrup open. You'd say "just turn on some hot water" except that we have ZERO water pressure most of the time and it took almost 5 minutes to get the water HOT And then it just made the bottle wet and teh short version is that by the time I got it open my ONE SAD EGGO was ice cold.

THIS DAY IS NOT GOING WELL FOR ME.
AND I AM SICK.
AND BITTER.

So I decided to do the MEME that Becky tagged me for a billion years ago to release my stress. I'll think about happy things, like books.


1) One book that changed my life.
Ummmmmm, CAT'S EYE by Margaret Atwood,and LIFE BEFORE MAN by Margaret Atwood. They say a lot about interpersonal relationships that I strongly identify with. I suppose in a way they helped me understand ME better.

2) One book I read more than once. The two books listed above I've read many many times. I can tell you that right now I'm re- reading THE BLACK COMPANY by Glen Cook and it's good, fun stuff.

3) One book I'd want on a deserted island. NEVERWHERE by Neal Gaiman

4) One book that made me laugh. GOOD OMENS - again Gaiman

5) One book that made me cry. Good grief, cry? Ummmm.....okay, GAIMAN again - I think......I can remember, actually I remember the SCENE in the book that made me cry, it was about a child raised in darkness without affection and then one day taken outside and the child was so happy and there were all these people who were so happy to see him etc etc etc and then they sacrifice him. It was either American Gods by Gaiman or one of the Anne Rice books.....I seroiusly cannot remember. I just know I read that book more than once and always have to skip that part.

6) One book I wish I'd written. I'm not exactly sure. Hard to say.

7) One book I wish had never been written. Any of the shit Anne Rice has been churning out lately. Oh and HOUSE OF LEAVES by some asshole whose name escapes me. The only book I can say that not only did I not finish it (I got about 3/4 of the way through and just got SO pissed off I had to quit) I now often threaten to give it as a gift to people when they are making me angry. Worst book ever written. Cool concept. Shitty story telling and execution.

8) One book I'm reading now. Well I'm supposed to be reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell but I'm actually reading BLACK COMPANY again because I can only read for about 10 minutes before I fall asleep and it's hard to absorb a new book that way.

9) One book I've been meaning to read. Hmmmm, been meaning to read? It's probably any book I haven't read.

0 comments: