A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Monday, April 09, 2007

So FAR Away........


Doesn't anyone stay in one place anymore?

The answer is of course, no. Especially not if you go to work for a really nice company that sends a great big SEMI to your house and also brings a bunch of nice men to pack up all your stuff and then to load it all up into the semi - nice as you please.

And even if you try to do the "we'll drive at night" thing that some parents recommend (I now have a special term for these people, I call them idiots) your new company will still send that great big semi to your new place and bring lots of nice men to unload it and put everything were you ask them to.

Like civilized people.



Here is a gratuitous shot of only SOME of my myriad strollers waiting to be loaded up. I think that the movers weren't even phased by them, which makes me think some lunatics out there have more strollers than me. Which is madness.

In what serves as only a further coffin nail in anything like regret or worries about the change, my new company's HR Director came over on my move in day, with a care package. Icy cold cokes, chips, PIZZA HUT gift cards ......and some Easter basket goodies for the kids - in case we didn't have time to shop for Easter because of the move.

Because they care, and wanted to us to feel welcome.

It is such a change, I hardly know what to do with the emotions it conjurs up.

Today was my first day at work.

I love it there.

4 comments:

Karen Bodkin said...

Awwww that is SO sweet Gidge! Glad to see you made it and hope to talk to you really soon!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear it went well! Nothing like feeling LOVED!

Becky said...

I'm still sad you're gone but happy that things are going so well already.

Teena in Toronto said...

I just started a new job last month. It's a scary experience.