A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Friday, August 10, 2012

Vertigo-Go-Go

So I've been weeks without a Brain Cloud.

I've had cat scan and MRI and EEG and slapped it on a bing bong and basically, the neurologist said hrrrrmmm yeaaaaah...we dunno. He said it's prolly vertigo and I got some pills called "anti-vert", suggested I find an ENT and off I went.

I've had this and that and the other thing to deal with since then and I kind of put it out of my mind. Then yesterday as I was getting Charlie ready for school, I closed the bedroom door and the hallway shifted. Sideways.

The floor came up to meet me and I called for the husband, because I had to hold on to the floor as the world was heaving quite a bit and I was being forced to ride it.

He jumped out and ran to the medicine cabinet to get my pills and gave me one, helping me to bed where I fell asleep for about 30 minutes.

I felt better when I woke up. Much. So I showered and went on with my day. I just felt sort of tired and worn out. Except that, it didn't end. I felt as though I'd just done some sort of farmer-level task all day, and every muscle in my body couldn't go another mile.

After I made it through my work day I got home and crawled in to bed until 8pm.

My take aways are this. I gotta make that appointment with the ENT I guess. It might be something fixable according to what I read yesterday (yay for the internets). I get a warning, this tingling numbness at the base of my skull proceeds it. That's enough warning to sit down, pull over, etc. I took a moment, sitting at the stop light yesterday, to teach the oldest boy to put the car in park. I realized, I could be driving, and pass out or something crazy, he might need to know this. It's unlikely as I have never passed out but - I wanted him to KNOW what to do.
I also am gonna only take a half an anti-vert next time as I felt like I was gonna cry or die or both all day.

It's annoying as hell. I mean who gets VERTIGO (my mom). It sounds made up and stupid. Therefore of course I get it.

At this point, I'm just hoping I don't get THE BIRDS or REAR WINDOW.

I hear REAR WINDOW is a pain in the ass.




0 comments: