A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl Food Recap


A smattering of the treats enjoyed at my house on Superbowl Sunday while we did NOT enjoy the Steelers win were......
Sausage Stars, sometimes calls Sausage Starfish. Justin's Recipe - Take a bow Justin! We also feasted on little weenies in the traditional grape jelly/bbq sauce mix.

But a real star in the food category this year was the pulled pork that Scott whipped up from a pork tenderloin he made a few days ago. He had originally covered the tenderloin with fresh fruit. He pulped up the fruit and added it to the shredded pork. Then he spiced it all up and it made for a sweet but HOT HOT HOT yummy treat.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Mmm. You're making me hungry.

christa said...

ok, i may need more details about that pulled pork... that sounds really really good.

April Brandon said...

Okay, so he's cooking when we come to visit, RIGHT???? LOL
I enjoyed the Steelers win...I know, I know, but hey they are AFC. And I have to root for them, I mean they beat us silly...LOL.

Anonymous said...

April-I will be cooking you pinecones in ass sauce. Hope you enjoy.

Gidge Uriza said...

Yes, April, you're going to have to learn that the Steelers are the ENEMY, even when they aren't in the Superbowl.
I'm not sure I can allow you to visit....

April Brandon said...

LOL, I know that they have cheated us out of more than one Superbowl trip. I love my Colts, but i think that they just wanted it more than we did. That's how they played, and we played like shit...It sucks, I know, but it's a simple fact of life. If they can screw it up, they will...lol. The same thing applies to the Pacers. I think that our teams are jinxed. Actually, it applies to the Cubs too...
Oh well, I guess I won't get to enjoy Scott's cooking. I think I'll be eating at Denny's the whole time. Pinecones with Ass sauce doesn't really appeal to me...but thanks anyway.
Love ya.