A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Soccer Mom in The Making

In what can only be described as some sort of crossover into Bizarro World, I have accepted the role of PlayGroups Coordinator for my Twins Club. Now, I love my Twins club actually. They are very supportive, terribly terribly helpful to expectant and new moms and they are a huge resource of information. Also, when you're losing your mind with newborn twins it's nice to be able to look at other people who HAVE these older children who were ONCE like yours and see that they indeed survived.
But, PlayGroups Coordinator? Isn't that a job for someone who knits and makes crafts? I am totally not that mom. But, the club board membership has dwindled as the demographics of the club changed and suddenly we had a small group of people all holding two and three offices just to get things done. Which is sort of stupid.
I certainly don't have TIME to DO more, or participate more etc.....so as the openings mounted in the board positions I thought - well, I guess I could coordinate the play groups.
Seems a bit silly since I can't actually GO to any of them.....but it's like a once a week obligation to put together items for the bulletin board and then for the newsletter once a month. And to organize the holiday parties, which actually will probably be fun.
So I sit here and wonder..........who have I become? I'm still the same person. I'm rocking out to Korn on the way to work.
I'm also making sure my fellow twin moms know when the Mommy and Me classes are.

Those two aren't mutually exclusive........are they?

7 comments:

you know who said...

Sucker!

Becky said...

Oh, admit it. You knit when you listen to Korn. I just know it.

christa said...

i knit AND make crafts.
perhaps I should be the coordinator.





bahahahahahahahahhahahaaaa!

ooh, sorry. that was funny.

Gidge said...

I am actually quite willing to learn to knit. Knitting is cool. I just don't know how to do it.....

Frank said...

Korn sucks. I bet they never knitted anything cool either.

april said...

I like to do crafty things with the kids. I used to be able to knit, but it's been so long, that I have forgotten...lol. I think that you will make an excellant coordinator. Have fun, enjoy yourself...fellow sport mom. (does baseball mom work too???)

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I feel just like this all of the time.

Then I noticed that on the video on The Goon Squad's website they were dancing to The Transplants and I felt slightly better.

But I don't knit - yet.