A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Friday, November 30, 2012

He Has Christmas Wishes

Something amazing happened a couple of days ago and I'm still reeling from it. I'm not sure you other parents can fathom this but I have never known really what my twins want for Christmas. I have a general idea of things they "like" but, you never really know.
Your neuro typical children get dreamy eyed and try to tell you all the reasons they want this or that or the other thing. But, my sweet twins open what they are given and often just wait for something else to open. Opening is fun on Christmas but usually only one or two things catches their eye.

And I've never had a Christmas list, or been able to have that "So tell Mommy what you want for Christmas" talk with them.

Until NOW.

He is getting every damn thing on this list by God.
Miles wants this for Christmas. I totally cried.
We already have the PlayStation. I am guessing he wants to play. So I told my oldest son we're going to teach him how to play.

I sat and cried and cried when I saw this. He has a Christmas list. For the first time in his life.

I think it's amazing.

2 comments:

Laura said...

It is freaking awesome. Plus, he said 'thank you' and signed his name. How many kids say 'thank you' on their letter to the big guy? What a great letter!

Anonymous said...

Hope you share some pics of these christmas wishes coming true.