A Mommy Blog About Raising Men, Not Boys.
RSS

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Party Etiquette for the Remainder of the Football Season

This is just an FYI. Football related parties require football related foods. Foods that fall within this category are foods that taste good with beer and something sweet for when you're tired of all that greasy, delicious beer-related food. The something sweet could be chocolate, or cake or something gooey but I think it's safe to say, it should not be THIS.
Let's face it, if you bring THAT to my football party, you're making my servings of wings, and cheese, and sausage stars (you can beg me for the recipe - which is actually Justin's), and cocktail weenies, and potato skins, etc look like crap. You're grandstanding. And if you serve it at your OWN party - well you're just trying to put a fancy face on football. Football doesn't have a fancy face.
Football is dirty. Even on astroturf.

It's like the people at Edible Arrangements are trying to girl up football - make it "bearable" for the wives by providing them with this lovely arrangement. Now, make me one of these out of sausages and cheese........and we're talking.

And don't get me wrong, I think most of their stuff looks pretty darn cool. And would be nice at say, a bridal shower. But for the AFC championship? No. SUPERBOWL? Hell No.

In other news, I'm sure you all saw them last year but I think that THESE are freaking cool for Valentine's Day.


cross posted at DRAFT DAY SUIT

3 comments:

Becky said...

Fine, then. I'll take my fruity arrangement to Dave Brubeck. I bet he'll eat it.

amaras_mom said...

Amen, sister!

I blogged once on our family's season tickets in an end zone and how annoying some girls are -- you know the ones that go to spend "quality time" with their boyfriends. You know, the same ones who don't know the difference between a down and a field goal.

Here via the CHBM

wendy boucher said...

I couldn't agree with you more - in other years. THis year I'm two and a half weeks into the South Beach Diet and that edible arrangement looks like manna from Heaven about now.